1 1/2 pounds king prawns, deveined
2 – 4 small dried chiles, crumbled
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 Tablespoon ginger root, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup coconut milk
12 ounces cucumber, peeled and cubed
2 medium green chiles, sliced
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1. Place the prawns, crumbled chiles, salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger and garlic in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and saute the cumin and mustard seeds until aromatic.
3. Add the onion and saute until transparent.
4. Add the prawn mixture and saute for five minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk, cucumber, sliced green chiles, and lime juice and saute for 4 to 5 minutes more.
source: The Little Big Cookbook, 2003