Romaine Hearts Lettuce Wraps
1 head romaine hearts
3 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced
1 bunch cilantro
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup fresh grated cheese
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup oil
1 Haas avocadoes
2 red Roma tomatoes
1 bunch green onions
Salt and pepper
1. Blend garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of salt, cilantro leaves and pine nuts in a small food processors until you get a creamy texture.
2. Transfer to a bowl and start adding oil while whisking. Bring to desired pesto texture adding the chicken stock if needed. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Core and seed tomatoes and cut into strips. Slice green onions. Slice avocadoes. Set aside.
4. Clean romaine and separate leaves.
5. Mix the chicken with the cilantro pesto.
6. Take a leaf of romaine and put some of the chicken mixture on it. Add avocado slices, tomatoes and green onions. Top with cheese.
Source: Andy Boy
D’Arrigo Brothers Growers