PIZZA DOUGH II
2 1/2 teaspoons Yeast
2 1/2 cups White Flour
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2 teaspoons Salt
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Granulated Garlic
2 1/2 cups ± Warm Water (110°F - 115°F)
Grated parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomato flakes, basil, etc. may be added to taste in place of, or in addition to, the basic seasonings above.
· Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine ingredients. Knead for 10 minutes to mix.
· Allow to rise for 20 minutes. Allow to rest for an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Cut in half and roll out to the desired diameter.
· Place on pizza pans. Adjust dough to edge of pans.
· Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until just lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before topping.
· Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, slices of bell pepper, onion, olives, pepperoni, cooked ground beef, chile pepper slices, other meats or cheeses, or whatever you like.
· Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted and toppings are warmed – about 10 minutes.
· Remove from oven. Transfer from pizza pan to cutting board and slice into sections. Serve hot.
Makes two 12”- 14” pizzas.