Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup margarine or butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups QuakerŽ Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 cup raisins
1. Heat oven to 350° F.
2. Beat together margarine and sugars until creamy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
5. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
6. Drop by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 10 to 12 m inutes or until golden brown.
8. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Yield: about 4 dozen.
Note: For high altitude, increase flour to 1 3/4 cups.
Variation: For Bar Cookies, bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased
13 x 9 inch metal baking pan.
Source: QuakerŽ Oats Company