Mexican chili lamb with sweet and sour leeks
Ready Steady Cook
For the spiced lamb
5 1/2 ounces lamb neck fillet, sliced
1/2 romero pepper, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon ground coriander
3 1/2 ounces vegetable stock
For the sweet and sour leeks
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 packet baby leeks
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
For the topping
1 ounce dark chocolate, grated
3 Tablespoons Greek yoghurt
1. For the spiced lamb, sear the slices of lamb in a hot frying pan until lightly browned on both sides. Add the pepper and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the chili flakes and ground coriander and stir. Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. For the sweet and sour leeks, melt the butter and brown sugar together in a pan until a caramel forms.
4. Add the baby leeks and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Add the red wine vinegar and cook for a further minute.
5. To serve, place the lamb on a warm plate and serve the leeks on the side. Top with the grated chocolate and Greek yoghurt.
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 to 30 minutes