Crock Pot Mexican Lamb With Wine Sauce
4 lamb shanks
1 cup red wine
1/4 cup chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
rice or tortillas
1. Place lamb in crockpot with meaty ends down.
2. In a small bowl, combine wine and all seasonings.
3. Pour mixture over lamb shanks.
4. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove meat from bones, discard bones.
5. Return meat to liquid.
6. Serve over rice or wrap in tortillas with salsa.