Chocolate Raspberry Squares
This elegant bar cookie is loaded with wonderful flavors and very easy to assemble. You can add a nice extra touch by sprinkling the bars with confectioners’ sugar..
— Marilyn Swisher
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cold butter
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 package semisweet chocolate chunks (11.5 ounces)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugars and salt.
2. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping; press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 9-ince square baking pan.
3. Spread with jam; sprinkle with the chocolate chunks.
4. Combine the walnuts and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over the top.
5. Bake at 375 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Yield: 16 servings.
Source: Reminisce magazine