1 cup water
1 pint beer
2 large eggs, separated
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
toasted bread cubes
1. Pour water and beer into a medium-size soup pot. Bring to a boil.
2. Season with salt and nutmeg if desired.
3. In a bowl, mix sugar with flour and beat in egg yolks until mixed blended. Add milk and stir until smooth.
4. Stir into the hot beer mixture. Bring almost to a boil.
5. Beat egg whites and fold in.
6. Serve at once with toasted bread cubes.
Source: The Settlement Cookbook